Cycling in Style - A Bicycle Ride for Ladies and Gentlemen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A costume bicycle ride and picnic for pre 1973 bicycles leaving from Cyclemgic at 10.30 on 8th August

Facebook group here

Cycling in Style. A Bicycle Ride and Picnic for Ladies and Gentlemen.

Sunday August 8th 2010. Leaving from Cyclemagic at 10.30am

A bicycle ride and picnic for people riding machines of a type available prior to 1973. Riders MUST be in a costume to match the period of the bike. There will also be a freewheeling competition en route.

Some bicycles may be available for hire from Cyclemagic for £5.

Rules of the ride.

The ride will leave at 10.30am prompt. Late arrivals will incur a fine of 10/-*

Failure to wear a hat or headscarf will incur a fine of 10/-

Furious cycling will incur a fine of 10/-

The use of language likely to upset a vicar’s wife will incur a fine of 10/-

A gentleman overtaking a lady cyclist without first asking permission may be deemed to be ungentlemanly.

Ungentlemanly behaviour will incur a fine of 10/-

Whistling songs recorded by any modern popular beat combo will incur a fine of 10/-

Any conversation concerning the mechanical design or operation of a bicycle will incur a fine of 10/- **

Anyone completing the entire ride without being fined will incur a fine of 10/-

All fines to be imposed by the Ride Captain.

All money collected will be donated to a local charity.

* Or 50 pence in the new money.

** With the exception being during any necessary roadside repair.

Wobbly John

Veteran
Pre 1973 with costume to fit the period of the bike? - I'll be on a Raleigh Chopper wearing a denim jacket & flares then. :wacko::biggrin:;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Sounds fun, but I don't have a suitable bike.

A tiny part of me thinks of promising to wear a miniskirt if you lend me something from the 60's, but I'm not sure it would be fair to inflict such a thing....:smile:

TVC

Arch said:
Sounds fun, but I don't have a suitable bike.

A tiny part of me thinks of promising to wear a miniskirt if you lend me something from the 60's, but I'm not sure it would be fair to inflict such a thing....:biggrin:

Roger, do you need a photographer? I'm not trained, but given the right subject I can be very enthusiastic.

OP
OP
Hilldodger

Hilldodger

Guru
C'mon Arch, you don't really believe yo can get away with the "I haven't got a bike to ride" excuse.

You can ride with John, ride your old bike (the one we bought from you) or I'll find you a 60's bike.:smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Ok. I'll be there, on something. I'll let you know depending on how complicated the costumes prove.

Probably not the tandem, I'm a terrible stoker, I scream the whole time and try to apply the brakes.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Hilldodger said:
How about a Raleigh Shopper - they were late 60's.

We've even got one we've done up with (fake!) leopord skin saddle, grips and bag:biggrin:

I'd already made up my mind, but that clinches it - 60's it is.

I realise that this may mean inflicting a rare old sight on the rest of the riders, but I hope the rules about being gentlemanly will preclude any comment.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Bumping this to ask:

Any idea what time we'll be back from this ride? I need to get the train back up to York on the Sunday, and booking advance tickets will make it cheaper...

I also still have to get an outfit!

Top Bottom