Cycling in the Netherlands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kiddstu

Hi all,

I'm very new here - in fact it's my first day. Haven't done too much cycling in my life however back in the day I was a proud owner of a BMX whose handlebars would jolt forward should I jump on anything larger than a rock.

Oh, I also used to head out on the Critical Mass meet-ups in London too.

More recently I took a trip to the Netherlands and cycled from Hook of Holland to the east into Germany and then to Eindhoven.

I wrote about the trip on the 020 Website and should anyone care to give me any feedback on it, or share their experiences crossing the same country I would be most grateful and could update the article with any useful tips.

The article can be read here:

http://www.020.com/webs/02005/showArticle.cfm?id=1119

Thanks,

Stuart

xilios

Veteran
Nice page. If you wish in the future to takle a few "little" hills come further south to Maastricht. I'll show you a few nice cycling paths into Germany, Belgium, Luxemburg and France in one tour :smile:

OP
OP
K

kiddstu

Xilios: I may take you up on that offer one day as I have left quite a few places in the Netherlands for next time.

Bigtallfatbloke: I thought we were all well aware that Dutch women are fantastic lookers and all have 'fantastic personalities' (to put it politely!). Seriously though, if you head to Holland and make sure you have time to make it a social tour then you'll definitely be in luck as Dutch girls are very friendly.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
This was a great read, thanks!

I've been wondering about cycling to Holland as we live 16 miles from Harwich. The thought of cycling right the way to Germany is even more appealing (I was born in Germany and love visiting as often as I can). It was great to read about your experiences and I think it's something I'll mull over during the winter, maybe to have a little cycle tour next year!

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Bigtallfatbloke said:
Harwich>Hook>Amsterdam>bremen>Basel(via german river radwegs)>Rhine radweg>Hook>Home
3-4 weeks ish
That's a long way, but Harwich to Bremen could be good fun - it's hard to dislike Bremen when they have a Beck's and a Milka factory slap bang in the middle!

Tony

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/3503
Is a link to my trip that way in July.

Top Bottom