Cycling on the pavement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KitsuneAndy

I cycled on the pavement for quite a bit today as I deemed that being on the road was likely to be dangerous to both me and the cars.

jax67

Sometimes you have no choice at very busy duel carriageway junctions but to jump onto the path to get around to the link road - unless you want to resemble a squashed hedgehog in a dayglow jacket. Ive had to do it many a time to save my life, especially as my reaction times are slow due to arthritic hands and legs.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
The Police also break the speed limit and forcibly put people in handcuffs.

It's disgusting.

;):biggrin::biggrin:

Grendel.
You do and I'll send my mate Beowulf around to your house, you know what happened the last time don't you! : :cheers:

PS read the very first post!

I came to a red light tonight and stopped another bike came flying down the bus lane and bunny hopped on to the pavement; I was expecting him to bunny hop back in to the bus lane as there was lots of peds in front of him; he didn't just patiently wobbled behind them until the pavement was clear. It wasn't the aggressive behaviour I was expecting.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
There are a couple of places where I'm on a path - near park entrance for example - it has a 10/20m wide alleyway leading to it, and I usually go very slowly... but I often worry if in my effort not to push past but lurk behind that they may think I'm about to mug them (especially the elderly).

Top Bottom