Cycling Photo Challenge - the current challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

Apologies for the delay. Inspired by these bikes I saw recently pulled out of a canal...

93A58B29-E201-45E9-A47D-D637DE1D6084.jpeg

The theme is “In need of some TLC”.

Closing date - Jan 31st.

The photo needs to have a bike in it, but not necessarily your own.

Entries should be taken within the time limit.

U

User169

Apologies for being a bit of a useless photo winner, but the winner is this one from @BlueDog

I think this old farm building on the Mendips is probably beyond receiving some TLC! View attachment 390239

It's one of those photos that really makes me want to jump on my bike.

Over to you BlueDog....

BlueDog

Veteran
Ah, thank you @DP. I’d taken many photos over recent months and I must admit it was as one of my favourites too.

I was going to suggest a new theme relating to Spring, but it might be slightly too early for that, so the next theme will simply be; nature.

Hopefully that’s not too broad but will give everyone the opportunity to join in. Closing date end of March.

Good luck!

BlueDog

Veteran
@Katherine Ah, sorry for the delay (I was too busy enjoying my reign as the supreme ruler of all photo judges).

I have to say that this has proven far more difficult than I thought it would be as I think they all great and special. So to narrow it down a bit, I decided to go for a sub-topic that has affected us all over the past month and one which many of us will remember for a very long time to come.... snow.

It was therefore a choice between @Rickshaw Phil, @MossCommuter and @Dave 123 (not the bird poo one Dave). I liked all of these, not just because they are all great photos, but because they were all out there making the most of it and having [hopefully] having some great fun.

So without further ado... the winner for the biggest pile of snow that typified it for so many, goes to..... @Rickshaw Phil
Taking on what nature has thrown at us the last few days:
View attachment 398415

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Lots of great entries again making this a very difficult choice as everyone has submitted a picture that I liked for one reason or another this time.

Special mentions go to: @ADarkDraconis and @MossCommuter for their atmospheric night shots, @TeeShot for the view from Monsal Head, @Katherine for the canal lighthouse and @BlueDog for the one before climbing the Cheddar Gorge.

The one that really appealed to me though was this from @Dave 123:
5e5ad649-262a-47a0-822b-24abd1dfe9a9-jpeg.jpg

Sunshine, water, punts. A lovely scene.

So @Dave 123, over to you.:thumbsup:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Ladies and gentlemen,

After a fab night watching Stereophonics I thought I'd announce the winner before I go to bed tonight.....

Thanks to all who took part.

So, I have no rEGRETS in announcing this photo of the grey heron by @PeteXXX as the worthy winner

IMG_2668.JPG

Over to you then....

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Thanks for a fun competition @Dave 123 I am honoured, thank you :smile:

The photograph I’d like to see, for this challenge, shall be: Your bike, or part there of, through a hole of some description.

Judgement day will be the last day of June.

:smile:

PeteXXX

bike-through-loco-jpg.jpg

gg1-jpg.jpg

Decision time..

Some imaginative photographs, folks!

img_3831-jpg.jpg

Mentioned in dispatches are @Katherine and @biggs682 for the above entries, and welcome back into the comp. @GM, but the winner this time is.... drum roll @Threevok for this wheels within a wheel pic.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Wow I won ???? :eek:
Thanks so much :cheers:

Sorry for the delay - I have been away

I take it it's my turn to pick a theme ?

Looking at mine - I think "industry theme - past or present"

Usual rules apply - must include bike ,pic must be taken within competition time frame, etc

Closing date will be 31st July

Good luck peeps :okay:

PeteXXX

Inspired by my foraging, and the onset of autumn, the theme will be ‘Leaves’ as in a leaf, or multiples there of.

4C22B8A5-0200-4A5F-B7BC-A058E356B49A.jpeg

Closing date is the last day of September 2018.

Usual rules apply.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Well thank you very much @PeteXXX

This edition is entitled 'hip hip hooray'
Clearly there is plenty of scope here, so come on, get snapping!
As ever, a portion of your bike needs to be in the picture.
Closing date 15/10/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom