Cycling Photo Challenge - the current challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Katherine

Guru
I've seen lots of interesting outside clocks on my bike rides, so for your next challenge please take a picture of your bike and :

Clocks and anything else on the theme of Time.

I'll give you plenty of 'time '! Closing date Monday 12th November.

Looking forward to your pictures.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Right.. I've slept on it, and the new challenge shall be 'Sky'.
Be it dramatic clouds, or pure blue, the photograph must contain a bike, or part thereof.
Closing date is December 5th.

:smile:

PeteXXX

Lots of nice pics to peruse this time. Mentioned in dispatches are the following..

View attachment 438527
Sorry but I couldn’t resist it, definitely NOT within the rules, taken on Whinlatter at the TOB this year

One from today with some vivid colour from the foliage and the sky.:
View attachment 438553

Me & her, up in the sky

View attachment 438567

Taken today, honestly!

My bike with the sunrise reflected in the window

View attachment 438642

Some early morning sky behind Wilby Church

View attachment 440244

My BSA Tour de France and some sky.

View attachment 440358

Love the pic, but I'd be judging it on the BSA, not the sky!

View attachment 439354

But, my favourite pic in this competition is..... An international winner.

@FolderBeholder for this great photo.

OK...after MUCH deliberation....let’s see your bikes “indoors” at a public location.
Shall we close the year off with this one....say Dec 31 is closing date?

I’ll start (and recuse my entry from consideration)

0DE9AFD4-16A2-4AF1-ADFA-9992D0FC4B8E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a bike ride today ^_^
I didn't pass anywhere that was open that I could take my bike in.

Anyway the closing date was yesterday.
Do we have a winner @FolderBeholder ?

However , just for fun, I offer you my late entry for the sky challenge :
I enjoyed a display of Canada geese flying over, changing the shape and direction of their formation several times before disappearing.
View attachment 445224
While they are all winners, I’m partial to this shot....I shall proclaim this one the WINNER!
upload_2019-1-1_17-23-55.jpeg

PeteXXX

Righto, the new topic is.....

_20190102_151637.JPG

Something that's broken, like this signpost that used to point towards Castle Ashby.

Usual rules apply. Bike, or part thereof, must be in the photograph, and be taken in the time frame of the completion.

End date shall be 26th of February.

PeteXXX

Not too many entries to judge this time. . It's not really riding weather at the moment, I suppose!
Nice to see @Katherine back in the saddle :smile:

The winner this time is @biggs682 with this entry.

View attachment 445674

:okay:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
At last I won something .

Seeing as February is Valentine's month and red is the colour associated with love , let's see something bike related and something red . Ideally with a picture taken during this time period.

Ie my Hercules in front of 2 red doors .

IMG_20181228_132451742.jpg

Closing date pm 28th February .

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
well thank you all for entering your Febuary Red picture , it was a hard decision with pictures like the 2 below

[QUOTE 5519935, member: 9609"]my bike has taken a picture of me with my RED top on - you can see the brake lever
View attachment 449827 [/QUOTE]

View attachment 452649 A day late (of Valentine’s Day I mean) but here is my contribution.

But in the i went for this one of a red bike and it's own shadow taken by @Illaveago so well done to all who entered

PICT0467.JPG

Congratulations to Jenkins who took this amazing picture which I have decided is this month's winner of the photo challenge on the theme of 'Blue'. I particularly like the composition and the way your eyes are drawn to ship at the centre of the picture.

Thank you to all of those of you who entered the challenge. I studied all of your pictures carefully and found it difficult in choosing a winner.

dock-viewpoint-2-jpg.jpg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I've decided that the challenge for April should be one close to most cyclists' hearts - Food & Drink.

Whether it's a picture of your bike outside your favourite café stop, overloaded with shopping, an artistically placed cup of tea on the handlebars, or your pub bike doing it's job, just go for a ride, take a picture and (most importantly) have fun.

Usual rules apply and the winner should be announced on the 30th April.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Thanks to all for taking part and I have decided on a winner. Congratulations to @Katherine for her Barnshaw Smithy cafe stop pictures. The bright colours and hint of sunshine were in complete contrast to the grey, damp & bitterly cold day I'd had at Brands Hatch, although I'm not too sure about the green stuff in the waterbottle in the 3rd picture :laugh:
Coffee and a rather wonderful piece of coconut, lemon and blueberry cake at Barnshaw Smithy cafe, between Ashley and Mobberley.

View attachment 461197

View attachment 461195

I bought a piece of chocolate brownie at the cafe which I enjoyed at the bus stop before Warburton Bridge.

View attachment 461199

Special mentions to @kapelmuur for his shopping essentials and @PeteXXX for the traditional ice cream shot.

Over to Katherine for next month's competition theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom