Cycling - Prostatitis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi, I developed Prostatitis a few years ago after having a urine infection I was only 45 and the doc said it was quite young to be suffering from this problem.

Since I've started cycling havent had any of the unplesant symtoms of Prostatitis at all. It's only been about 4 months but so far so good!

Has anyone else found that cycling helps Prostatitis?

yenrod

AWG

Don't know about "numbness" to genitals through cycling.

I find I'm getting one hell of an erection every time I stop and get off the bike for a few minutes! Wonder if this is supressed blood flow through cycling being suddenly freed when I stop and get off. Both my bikes got dead comfy saddles.

Not complaining by the way.

simon_brooke

Daniel_l said:
hi
i think you are wrong about "cycling havent had any of the unplesant symtoms of Prostatitis "
Cycling Does make problems to prostate and urinary tract and worse - ed problems
http://chronic-prostatitis.org/other-questions/does-riding-a-bicycle-cause-prostate-enlargement/

Yes, but this is fundamentally a problem with padded saddles. If you have a hard enough saddle your weight is carried on your sit bones, and so your squashy bits are protected. If the saddle is padded, your sit bones sink in and your weight is transferred to your squashy bits, which is when you get prostate damage, erectile dysfunction, and other such problems.

Top Bottom