Cycling Shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yoyo

My youngest son's socks look like that and he doesn't care.

However, I must confess to wearing black socks when I cycle in winter..... I tend not to wear socks in summer.

Fluffy said:
Just bought my first pair for £12.99 is this a good deal? Also do you folks wear underwear or go commando? Finally what socks (if any) do you wear too.

Bit of a weird set of questions but never worn Lycra before.

Where from, I need to get out of my lycra trouser/tight thingies before too long...if anything just to annoy my fairer half. Atleast if I buy some shorts she might take my threat to shave the old pedal pushers half seriously...:biggrin:

And why not...

Cat

accountantpete said:
No,not really

ChineseLaborerHoleySocks.jpg

Ewwww now thats just nasty lol

Although the boyfriends socks look like that, pmsl

Didnt know cycling was such a fashion thing.... although i do like things matching looks very smart.... white & black .... red & white.... lovely ... ;)

Tynan

Veteran
I got some socks clearance from Prendas last summer, dusted them off a few weeks ago and they're dead nice, a pair of Vie en Claire, two pairs of Prendas ones with a logo on the ankle and some dead flash Renault ones with a black and white cheqeured band

you've got to walk the walk natch but they make me go faster so no problem there

I've never managed to ever have more than a pair of bib longs and a pair of bib shorts, fairly pricey and they don't last for ever

wear two days and wash, done

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
if you're wearing shorts, of any description, then white sports socks if you must but trainer/liner socks are better.

If you've ever seen someone wearing socks and sandals, and thought it looked ok(or even good), then you need serious help.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
What an odd discussion, sock ettiquette, hah

My own personal rule of conduct is

With shorts, Black or grey socks with black shoes, white or grey socks with white shoes (always "trainer" socks never full length socks)

With trousers, always black socks.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
One day, Adrian dares to wear red socks to school (horrors!) instead of regulation black. He gets a lecture on the dangers of being a nonconformist, but it's worth it. Because Pandora decides to start a Red Sock Revolution with Adrian & friends and suddenly EVERYONE is wearing red socks. The RSR was almost immediately put down, but it brought Adrian and Pandora together. Copied from http://www.referate10.com/referate/...-Diary-of-Adrian-Mole---Sue-Townsend-reon.php but still pertinant.

Top Bottom