Cycling specific jeans??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Juliansou

Evening all,
I'm probably a 50/50 sort of bloke - cycling gear when it’s just a ride & ‘normal’ clothes for more utility or going somewhere type rides. I’ve toyed with the idea of cycling specific jeans but been put off by the high price (in the region of £100). I’ve just discovered, and bought a pair, of Lee extreme motion and I have to say they’re pretty good. Lots of flex, no nasty seams where you don’t want them, wicking (apparently), recycled materials and all for £35. I’m looking forward to their first test run. Anyone tried these types of jeans, or is it all just marketing and you can ride in anything etc etc etc……

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Stretch jeans by any other name ;)

si_c

Guru
Yeah, Next do some decent jeans with a high-ish elastane content, nice and stretchy and comfortable. Happily do 20-30 miles in them.

a.twiddler

Veteran
Currently wearing a pair of M & S Chino style narrow leg jeans. About £24 each. Bought a few pairs actually as they are available in my short size. Very versatile, quite stretchy Not cycling specific but narrow enough not to need bike clips. Rode about 65 miles on my Brompton a month or so ago with them, no complaints. Certainly comfortable enough for my recumbenting activities. Would advise dark colours if using them for cycling.

Top Bottom