Cycling Statistics

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Shady, 4 May 2010.

1. Shady

Shady Active Member

2. StuartG

StuartG slower but further

Thanks for that link shady. Very helpful if a depressing reminder that cycling has decreased from being a major transport medium in my youth to something minor today - despite the bragging by all the groups, most of which did not exist when cycling was truly popular.

The frightening statistics is the non-use of cycles. It makes it almost worth having a SORN system. Make it a pain not to use 'em!

We need a BLF (Bicycle Liberation Front) to get them back on the road. Free service, a lesson, short ride and a picnic for anybody who has at least two years dust on their machine.

3. OP
    OP
    Shady

Shady Active Member

I think most of the time people have a perception that with all the traffic on the roads that its far too dangerous to ride a bicycle.

But personally the more bicycles on the road the better, as traffic will get used to them.

As far as i can tell there seems to have been a major increase of bicycle usage on the isle of man in the last few years - whether this is due to petrol prices / more promotion of cycling or what but its good to see except when they ride on the pavement...!!!

:tongue:

Shady

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice