Cycling stuff at Lidl

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

photography27

hi from wales,
i gotthe medium full zip shirt which is nice, but the best thing i though and bought was the cycle saddle bag, fits so so perfect under my seat, and for the price of £4.99 with tools and puncture kit, you cant go wrong.

darth vadar

Über Member
Why are the sizes so strange?

Its the same with Aldi too.

Surely, a 44" chest or a 36" waist is the same size in anyones language so why the discrepency?

Rebel Ian

I bought the gilet and tried it last Tuesday on a 70 mile ride. It's fantastic athough the sizing is generous. Even a large is quite, err, large.

the snail

Guru
Managed to get to Lidl in Barnstaple on hols last week, pair of panniers, padded shorts, gloves, shirt, gilet and base layer for £40, sorted for summer now :biggrin:

Adasta

Why are the sizes so strange?

Its the same with Aldi too.

Surely, a 44" chest or a 36" waist is the same size in anyones language so why the discrepency?

Cycle-clothing sizing follows no rules at all!

This is what happens when you let midgets make the rules ;)

crumpetman

I bought the gilet and tried it last Tuesday on a 70 mile ride. It's fantastic athough the sizing is generous. Even a large is quite, err, large.

I got mediums in the half zip and full zip jerseys and they fit fine. I tried a medium in the black gilet and it was too big, a small fits fit although could be a bit longer at the front. They also had blue gilets and a small in the blue is too small! Why it would be a different size to the black one is beyond me! I also tried the rain jacket in medium and it is huge but the arms are short so I'd probably need a small but with arms from the large.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Shorts will be in the back of the cupboard as a back up pair, i found the padding not wide enough as i could feel the edge of the pad on the saddle, ok for short distances but not comfy enough for me, the legs were not wide enough forcing me to buy the next size up so they are "roomy" at the top.

From now on i will buy shorts elsewhere but the rest of their stuff is a bargain.

Downward

Guru
I picked up some more shoes for £15. Current Lidl ones have lasted me 3 winters and numerous downpours fine but you always need a spare pair !

ian789

I don't think they were listed on the website but I picked up some spoke straws for £5

DSCN0108.jpg

biffosbats

Although the stuff has been in the shops for a week or so now, some stores are obviously either not in a cycling area or they get tons more stock than another nearby store, very odd Anyway, promised my bank manager I wouldn't buy any more cycling kit, as have plenty now BUT bought some socks ( v comfy) and another gilet. I have a red one from last year and although only worn occasionally, it's comfy and good for those strange days when you can't decide how warm you're going to be. Got a nice blue one now - and it has two zip front pockets! 6.99 I think - bargain! Must say most of the cycling stuff in Lidl/Aldi has proved to be very good value indeed - most of my cycling wardrobe has come from one or t'other and it does last quite well. Agree other comments re sizing...sometimes i have small (bib tights) then the gilet is large, jersey medium or sometimes large, rain jacket was medium, gloves the smallest they do! Keep it up you Germans, we like the prices and the quality!

Top Bottom