Cycling Survey 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Osteoman

Dear members
Following the amazing growth in a passion for cycling internationally, a new cycling survey has been launched. The short survey forms part of a research project to explore cycling habits and the factors influencing the choice of treatment for cycling related injuries.

Please support this research with 10 minutes of your time and experience and visit:
http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2390592/cycling-survey-2015

Thank you for your support, Ian.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Gave up on Q14.
'discomfort' here appears to mean something that requires treatment, there is no option to say no, you haven't experienced this level of discomfort, and the question is required so you cannot go any further.

gavintc

Guru
That is a ridiculously poor survey. You need to think through the scenarios. 'Discomfort' is a strange word. I have broken many bones but would not call that discomfort. A sore neck is discomfort. I gave up at this point - irritated. What a waste of time.

OP
OP
O

Osteoman

Gave up on Q14.
'discomfort' here appears to mean something that requires treatment, there is no option to say no, you haven't experienced this level of discomfort, and the question is required so you cannot go any further.
Dear Spinney
Thank you for pointing this out to me. I have now added an option for No Treatment. Many thanks, Ian

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Probably misread it but the only cycling injury I have had is crash related. I do have a very bad back at the moment though.

OP
OP
O

Osteoman

That is a ridiculously poor survey. You need to think through the scenarios. 'Discomfort' is a strange word. I have broken many bones but would not call that discomfort. A sore neck is discomfort. I gave up at this point - irritated. What a waste of time.
Dear Gavintc, thank you for looking at my survey. I agree, 'discomfort' is a strange term, but it is used because many cyclists suffer 'pins and needles' or loss of sensation, particularly in their hands. They would probably not consider this as 'injury' though. I hope that helps to explain why I used 'discomfort'. Thanks again, Ian

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I made it to the end, but I've got a feeling I didn't quite get the answers right. I get most of my osteopathic advice over the phone..... From my youngest sister. Hands on treatment tends to be fairly irregular.

OP
OP
O

Osteoman

I made it to the end, but I've got a feeling I didn't quite get the answers right. I get most of my osteopathic advice over the phone..... From my youngest sister. Hands on treatment tends to be fairly irregular.
Thank you so much for taking the time. Ian

I broke my clavicle. The questions make no sense for that. I also gave up.

In question 13 you talk about injury. In question 14 it's discomfort. It was not clear to me that my answer to question 14 was a continuation of my answer to 13. Use "injury" for both questions, or "discomfort" for both. I said yes to 13 because of an injury, then answered 14 about a different issue, some discomfort. Then I gave up, like others in this thread.

I'm not a good research subject anyway; I prefer evidence based treatments, so stay clear of osteo** and chiro**

But good luck with your research.

snorri

Legendary Member
I would take advice from my GP and expect to be referred to an osteopath by the GP, I wouldn't have thought of seeking out an osteo for any treatment myself but ticked Very Likely because I would visit an osteo if that was what my GP recommended..
I don't know why these surveys think we should be sporting, leisure or commuting cyclists. Why no option for those whose cycling is a mode of transport choice. Most of my mileage is Utility cycling. Commuting is a sector of Utility cycling.

Last edited:
Top Bottom