Cycling the wrong way.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Matthames

Matthames

Über Member
thomas said:
That looked....terrifying. I'd lodge a police report to claim for dry cleaning for your brown shorts moment.

Seriously, if the worst that happens on a commute is someone goes the wrong way down a one way road then you have nothing to fuss about.

At the time it didn't bother me, in fact I though it was just another pavement cyclist at first, it was only after reviewing my footage I noticed what had actually happened. It is only really a minor irritation more than anything, the thing that bothers me, is motorists then tarring cyclists with the same brush that we don't follow the highway code and that we are a liability to ourselves.

dondare

Über Member
Now that you have posted that shameful episode on Youtube you will be mocked and threatened with death by the wrong-way cyclist and his associates.

thomas

the tank engine
Matthames said:
At the time it didn't bother me, in fact I though it was just another pavement cyclist at first, it was only after reviewing my footage I noticed what had actually happened. It is only really a minor irritation more than anything, the thing that bothers me, is motorists then tarring cyclists with the same brush that we don't follow the highway code and that we are a liability to ourselves.

It's no better or worst than a pavement cyclists. In all fairness, the only person who seems to have a problem...is a cyclist who won't tar all cyclists under the same brush :angry:.

NigC

Not really much to get excited about. Sure it's not right, but he's not exactly steaming along at 20+mph and could easily stop if he needed to.

I admit I sometimes cycle on the wrong side of the road - there are exceptional circumstances though: there is only one pavement on a particular road (fenced off reservior on the other) and my daughter is cycling along it so I naturally keep by her side to make sure she doesn't drift into the road. It does feel odd when the ocassional car passes me, but nobody has ever felt the need to make a complaint.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
He's going along at about 5mph, he's hardly going to do anyone any harm.

You're not going much faster than him and you're puffing and panting like you're in a time trial, you sure it's not you who is the POB????

ianrauk said:
I do the same on a regular basis on one of the back roads I commute on otherwise it's a bit of a detour.. as with Thomas above, not the end of the world is it?

Well, maybe the start of the end of the world?

It itself isn't that bad really - but it does help to further alienate motorists and cyclists to witness this kind of behaviour.

Top Bottom