Cycling through Cinque Terra, Italy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

earthuman

Hey all...just about to entire the Italian leg of my tour here and would like to go check out Cinque Terra, Italy...especially now that it's the low season. Does anyone here know if the route between the towns is cyclable or not? Anyone been out there and done this route?

thanks all

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Was it not the time trial route during this year's Giro?

I cycled through there 4 or 5 years ago from La Spezia to Levanto - some of it is very narrow and 20%

This year was not feeling very fit going the other way so took main road from Sestri Levante to La Spezia - reasonably lumpy

Holagaz

I did this on a motorbike a few years ago. Very lumpy, but do-able. The only real issue is a very long tunnel which separates two of the villages. To my mind, it was the only route between the villages. Traffic can only go one way through the tunnel, so you have to wait at one end for the traffic ligth signal to go through. You will need to be well lit up and prepared to hold your position with motorists! Could take a small boat, however, as an alternatiove and sail around the headland between the villages. Would not take long and more fun.

Top Bottom