Cycling to work in Glasgow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Found this website today.
It is a good idea for new cyclists considering commuting by bike.
Not suitable for those that work shifts, like me, but some of you might be interested.
Here's a summary, saves you reading the lot if you have no further interest in it:
Giving cyclists of all abilities the chance to commute as a group along a number of routes, or spokes as we’re calling them. You meet at points along a spoke and cycle into the hub, in this case Central Glasgow. You can join an existing spoke, or add your own spoke. The adding your own route is an important part of the site. It really does need your involvement to make it work. [end quote]

Kookas

Über Member
Found this website today.
It is a good idea for new cyclists considering commuting by bike.
Not suitable for those that work shifts, like me, but some of you might be interested.
Here's a summary, saves you reading the lot if you have no further interest in it:

I actually suggested this to my college a little while back - that we could have group rides in along certain routes and anyone could just tag along to college, partly to have a chat on the way but also for 'safety in numbers'. Haven't heard anything on it yet, though.

doddy73

Über Member
I commented on the Cree review back in May in the hope that the site was going to take off.... not been much movement since though.

The spoke idea is great.... I might even add on EK to City Centre.

Any idea who's site it is?

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I commented on the Cree review back in May in the hope that the site was going to take off.... not been much movement since though.

The spoke idea is great.... I might even add on EK to City Centre.

Any idea who's site it is?
Don't know. This gives me the idea of dropping him/her a mail to invite them on here, the site might get more spokes.
Do add yours, I'm working shifts in different places at the moment. :hello:

Top Bottom