Cycling tops...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
I've bought several from this guy, used but all came "as new". He usually has some spectaculary colourful (awful) designs for sale.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VTG-SIBIL...69?pt=UK_Cycling_Clothing&hash=item2573548375

My favourite
HN+Z+preview.jpg

RaRa

I really should avoid these threads - just followed some links and ended up with 2 new shirts!

rb58

Enigma
Also consider what material you want. I favour Merino sportswool these days - cool in summer, warm in winter, won't smell etc. Shutt VR are my supplier of choice. Expensive I know, but top quality.

Sara_H

Guru
Do you only want cycle specific stuff? I ask as decathlon have some lovely mens casual Merino T shirts in at the moment in the walking section for £19- thinking of getting a couple for the OH who just weears shorts or trousers and t shirts for cycling.

doctornige

Like DCL, I also go for Castelli. Very stylish, not too lairy, and technically excellent. It's pricey, but not ASOS pricey.

I chose the Prologo short sleeve and Team Aero Race bib shorts for summer, with a Contatto long and Sorpasso tights for winter. Of all of those, the one item that stands out is the Contatto. It's very, very nice. All available from Evans and Wiggle.

Castelli mitts can be hit and miss (due to the closure, mainly), and I understand that their overshoes are shite. So you can be all brand about this stuff!

doctornige

Also I am liking this very much for when I have climbed them next year (hopefully):

http://www.morvelo.com/chasseur-de-cols-pyrenees-cycle-jersey.html

THAT is nice. Would look great atop a Wilier.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
As you're shrinking it doesn't really matter what you wear.

Last year I used eBay and bought the cheapest tops going in my size, usually £2 or £3 in odd colours.

As I shrank they went back on eBay and for a while it was a self-funding process.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Seriously fugly too - reckon overpriced at £8

Some mug will pay it - at least the seller will have to pay fleabay fees

I got one.
Yeah, I know it's ugly and has the word cycling down 1 side in a hand written font. But for £8 a good price and comfy top and a very noticeable top. Spotted someone wearing one on Tuesday, from a few hundred yards off, as did the guy that was driving.

doctornige

This will be my next one,
Image2-1.jpg

I like the way they fit when you are on the bike, if you stand upright they don't feel right, but as said before on the bike they feel really comfortable.

Just ordered one having destroyed a Prologo with a washing machine error. I am such a divvy.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I use the Castelli sanremo speed suits rather than the Jersey on its own, I think they are incredible, they stitch the jersey to the body paint areo shorts as such you can fully unzip the top and it flaps open but remains fitted. The shorts stay in place and the seat pad is geat quality. The Garmin team use them.

tp20120807_224107.jpg

They are tight fitting though so if you have a belly, there is no hiding of it.

Top Bottom