Cycling with Osteoarthritis - Student Project!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

epygw

Hi my name is Georgina and I’m a current 3rd year Product Design and Manufacture student at Nottingham University. I am currently working on a project as part of my degree to allow people who suffer from Osteoarthritis of the hands enjoy pain-free, comfortable cycling. My own Mother suffers from this problem and I am keen to listen to the experiences of others too. I am posting looking to gain an insight into the struggles faced when cycling with Osteoarthritis of the hands. If you have any suggestions or modifications to current products you have tried or problems that you face/discomfort you experience when cycling that you would like to be eradicated I would love to hear them. If there are any tasks that you find particularly difficult, e.g. gripping, reaching the brakes, sitting upright to ease pressure etc. I would be interested in hearing this also.

The information gathered in this post will be used to inform and develop a new product to help Osteoarthritis sufferers enjoy pain-free cycling. All information that I do gather will remain anonymous and will remain confidential.

Thank you in advance for your responses!

Last edited:
Top Bottom