Cycliq 12 SD Card problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coadhall

MY wife has a Cycliq 12 front light camera that was working happily on her summer bike, a specialized Roubait, but now she has changed to her winter bike, a Trek Checkpoint ALR5. Now when she returns from a ride, her 12 is flashing red/amber/green showing SD card has failed. Re-format the card and now green light, then she goes on ride and R/A/G lights again. Might this be caused because her Roubaix has a form of shock absorbing frame, but the Trek doesn't. Just trying to help her and feed up with the bad moods.....

MY wife has a Cycliq 12 front light camera that was working happily on her summer bike, a specialized Roubait, but now she has changed to her winter bike, a Trek Checkpoint ALR5. Now when she returns from a ride, her 12 is flashing red/amber/green showing SD card has failed. Re-format the card and now green light, then she goes on ride and R/A/G lights again. Might this be caused because her Roubaix has a form of shock absorbing frame, but the Trek doesn't. Just trying to help her and feed up with the bad moods.....
wow, no reply from anyone. my first guess it to try another card. I'm not familiar with the product. if changing the card doesn't work, do you have spray air - maybe there is something in the slot? I suppose one could try making a new mount that has some shock absorption. if she puts the unit back on the other bike does it work OK? that's a head scratch ...

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
wow, no reply from anyone. my first guess it to try another card. I'm not familiar with the product. if changing the card doesn't work, do you have spray air - maybe there is something in the slot? I suppose one could try making a new mount that has some shock absorption. if she puts the unit back on the other bike does it work OK? that's a head scratch ...

I think they specify a class 10 card and probably a big name like Sandisk, is that what she’s using?

Edited to add: See this link for cards to use and cards to avoid https://cycliq.com/sdcards/

Last edited:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Baffling, introducing movement/shock absorption will make for shaky footage. I don't know what stabilisation the Cycliq cameras have though.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
When you say working happily all summer, are you sure it been recording or is it just not flashing as it has done when transferred to another bike?
If the card which is playing up is one recommended by Cycliq, an email to their help desk wouldn't go amiss. IIRC they don't work at weekends and during the week it isn't an instant response, but they do their best to help.

Top Bottom