Cyclist down B1040, Eltisley...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrasB

Veteran
Not that it makes it any better but looks like a genuine accident. Cyclist didn't see a (low flying?) branch, hit the bike & got caught up in the wheels (yes plural). The cyclist himself was up & walking, limping badly & had a dead arm, he also seemed a little dazed at the road side. Scooped him & his bike up, took him to A&E with a quick diversion to drop off his bike (he lived on the way to the hospital).

For those who want to know the bike looked like a write off serious dents to the down tube, looked like the forks were cracked, drive side seat stay broken near the dropout & twisted near the seat tube, wheels missing spokes... yada yada.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek sounds nasty.
Hope he gets better quickly!

OP
OP
GrasB

GrasB

Veteran
Yeah open & road debris about, I cut my riding down the back end of this week because there was just to much junk on the road & breaks in hedgerows etc could open you up to suddenly feeling the whole force of the wind. I'd not like to guess what happened but a fairly long & young looking branch managed to get tangled up in his wheels.

Camgreen

oooooh, I cycle bits of the B1040, It's so open to the wind, even on good days! I'm glad you came across him, that could have been really nasty. Good on ya.

Agree. It can be a bit quiet around those parts. The cyclist was indeed fortunate that you happen to pass by when you did.

Top Bottom