Yet Another Cyclist Down.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Can't seem to find any news on the incident I came across tonight, so I'm hopeful that means it looked much worse than it actually was.

I slowed as I rounded a bend, because I could see a bus had stopped in the road in an area without a bus stop. I saw a small white car that looked to be travelling in the same direction as me blocking the road, then I saw a guy lying in the opposite side of the road. I thought at first a pedestrian had been knocked down but then I noticed a car on its side in the ditch and I wondered if it was someone who managed to escape the car only to collapse.

Turns out, it was a cyclist minding his own business end up in a heap because well, nobody likes speculation but he wasn't sent flying because everyone was driving as per the Highway code. Hopefully everyone is OK.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
As you cannot find anything about this. I find it odd that you assume the cyclist is not at fault. How would you know that?

If this was a car forum would we assume the car was not at fault?

Maybe we should wait until after the investigation before pointing fingers

Last edited:
OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Your right of course, I don't even try to hide my unconscious bias anymore, mostly because it wasn't the car driver being coned off like an obstacle whilst passers by tried to comfort him waiting for the emergency services.

And yes, that still doesn't admonish any individual. I'd be a total nightmare on a jury.

Top Bottom