Cyclist Down (serious injuries) on Tram Tracks (possibly hit by trailer), Sheffield

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Life threatening injuries to posting here in just over 2 weeks.  Glad it wasn't as bad as first reported,  and glad there aren't any trams in Essex.

Here's to a speedy recovery.

Hi in1piece.

wave.gif

Glad you are doing well .

Great to see you join us and post your account, and welcome, In1piece: I like your choice of username (here's hoping it will remain accurate for the rest of your days...)! Have to say, ten ribs sounds horrendous (my colleague who recently came off his m/c broke only three) - hope you can keep on top of the pain! Best of luck.

OP
OP
Sheffield_Tiger
As others have said, OUCH! - but you're OK with no major lasting damage which is good

It's horrible round there, used to hate that part of the city riding from Crystal Peaks to Norton and yes, if you feel more comfortable walking that stretch then don't have any qualms about doing so

zacklaws

Guru
What amuses me about tram tracks is that, yesterday I had to do my road saftey test at work which crops up every few years and I got hit with the question about cyclists and being carefull with tram tracks, out of the four answers, one, was when there wet and another was, at all times, I answered at all times as I know any metal surface is dangerous when its wet, but tram tracks are more of a danger in themselves if you ride into them but the correct answer is, when there wet. Perhaps the high way code needs amending.

In a similar way even double yellow lines can be a danger if they are slightly raised, wet or icy and you get between them as they will take your wheels away from underneath you. I know from experience many years ago when it happened to me in a busy town center, directly opposite a crowd of people at a bus stop. I learnt my lesson well that day, keep away from double yellows.

Top Bottom