Cyclist Down (serious injuries) on Tram Tracks (possibly hit by trailer), Sheffield

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trumpettom001

Why do they bother reporting that the guy in a vehicle designed to negotiate boulders/deep mud/ 45% inclines.... was not harmed by a cyclist? Are they looking for a silver lining?

OP
OP
Sheffield_Tiger
Could have been a Brenderup or a Brian James trailer - they are expensive and what with cyclists not being insured and all.....

It's what press do..we should not be surprised by now

dodgy

Thanks for coming in with the facts, really glad you're on the mend. Those tram tracks sound poorly conceived :sad:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Glad to hear you are on the mend and welcome to the site you will get loads a good info here and hugs if you ask nicely ! We have trams in Manchester but thankfully i don't need to commute that way so i miss the joy of going over them.I take it you are still on the mend after those injuries,hope it does not put you off cycling.

Hi in1piece,

It's good to hear you are still in one piece! Many thanks for updating us on this. It's an unfortunate way to join the forum, but you are of course most welcome!

Fingers crossed your recover is as smooth as possible, and that you are back on the bike (avoiding tram lines!) as soon as possible! :smile:

Norm

Hi in1piece,

It's good to hear you are still in one piece! Many thanks for updating us on this. It's an unfortunate way to join the forum, but you are of course most welcome!

Fingers crossed your recover is as smooth as possible, and that you are back on the bike (avoiding tram lines!) as soon as possible! :smile:
+1 Can't improve on that.

Well, ok, I'd probably say "recovery" but I won't mention it. :tongue:

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting. It does show the dangers of people jumping to conclusions based on too little information.

I hope your recovery is faster and easier than expected.

BSA

I live near that spot and I had the same accident 18 months ago (I think I posted it on here at the time).

I was in the center of the lane though as I was at the front of the traffic, although there was an arctic directly behind me. I got a buckled front wheel and a bruised shoulder, my general road positioning saved me that day I think.

I have had a rational fear of tram tracks ever since. Ironically enough I only went that way because it was icy and I wanted to stick to the main roads!

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I'm glad you are doing all right. Whilst I agree that the tracks are dangerous, I'm a little interested why you seem to have been falsely told/believe that it is not the driver's fault at all. Only a complete moron would overtake when a cyclist is trying to cross the tram tracks and if someone has told you otherwise they need a very deep refresher on the highway code and how to drive. Most drivers do wait I would add.

Top Bottom