cyclist down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not good..... sick photo taker....

Totally agree about the photo taker, what are those people thinking.
About 2 years ago we were involved in administering CPR to 2 casualties in the street and someone was actually taking video of it on there mobile. At the time we were obviously heavily involved in what we were doing, but as soon as the police arrived we directed them to the guy with the phone and he was asked to delete it which he did.

akaAndrew

How serious an answer do you want? We see entertainment deaths all the time in film and TV.

But, no, to answer your question directly, I wouldn't consider it entertainment to watch someone be crushed by a lorry. Would I watch it if someone posted it on YouTube? Probably. There's a ghoulish curiosity that I suspect many would share.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Hunt the sick photo taker down, won't be too hard cos he'll be posting on the web/youtube, complain to the police, and get them to advise the victims family to sue for distress caused.

Soon see at the end of a multi-thousands payment if the sicko likes his photo being taken outside court.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Before we get all bent out of shape about it, we have to ask if it's true. The OP* gives his location as Merseyside but there's been nothing on local news about this. Of course, he could live or work somewhere else but again, a quick search reveals nothing to support his story.

* The OP in the link, not 02GF74

It may not have been reported in the press, not all accidents are.

But either way it does not change the fact that these things do happen. The case I recounted above is just one of a few that I have first hand knowledge of.

PaulB

Legendary Member
addictfreak said:
It may not have been reported in the press, not all accidents are.

But either way it does not change the fact that these things do happen. The case I recounted above is just one of a few that I have first hand knowledge of.

If it's a death, it will be reported on and in our local press, no two ways about it. And if it didn't happen then there's no point in discussing it.

Wherever and whenever it happened, and whether it was photographed or not, yet another tragic victim of the dreadful cyclist-v.-left-turning-lorry scenario. What should be debated is how to prevent this happening - ever again. But I shan't see an end to it in my lifetime, I reckon...;)

As regards 'snuff' photography, or whatever it's called, well this has been going on for a long time: nothing new. In 1938 or thereabouts occurred the last ever public guillotining in France. Several people took surreptitious movies of the event - some of which later found their way onto youtube! (I believe they've been deleted since). Talk about ghoulishness!

Saddle bum

Über Member
People who take photographs at the scene of an accident may not all be ghouls or badly motivated. They could be recording evidence that could be useful to the injured party. Police have no power to order any photos to be deleted.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Saddle bum said:
People who take photographs at the scene of an accident may not all be ghouls or badly motivated. They could be recording evidence that could be useful to the injured party. Police have no power to order any photos to be deleted.

From the link in the OP, and I quote:

"....but what really got me mad was this guy who walks over, gets his camera out, takes a photo of the poor sod on the floor and walks off smiling...."

Hardly the actions of a good samaritan helping the victim?

If the family or police are made aware of someone publishing the images, and the family complains, then yes, the police do have powers to seize the images / storage equipment.

S1 Malicious Communications Act 1988, or S127 Communications Act 2003.

What made you think the police had no power to intervene?

Top Bottom