Cyclist down!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Around 2030 at one of the roundabouts near north Oxford Golf Club. Their bike was a mess. Didn't get very close as I'm a big fearty. Think it was the northern bypass and woodstock road roundabout. Hope they're OK but I fear not as they were still on the road, traffic had stopped and they were under a blanket. Bloody cars!

OP
OP
F

fugsy2011

[QUOTE 1367527"]
How did you know that it was down to the 'Bloody cars'?

GWS cyclist.
[/quote]

You're right. I shouldn't assume. It was probably the lamp-post or maybe the nearby privet hedge that made the the crumpled mess that appeared to have been thrown into the middle of two lanes of oncoming traffic. I shouldn't assume the vehicles, that were all cars, that are directly on the periphery with their hazard lights on had anything whatsoever to do with that accident. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Nugget.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It was a fair question from Lee.
By saying 'Bloody Cars' you are assuming automatically that a car driver is the cause of the accident without seeing any facts.
As well as bad car drivers we also see enough bad cyclists on the road who rlj, turn without indicating, ninja's etc and are/can be the cause of accidents. A danger to themselves and to others.

I sincerely hope the cyclist makes a swift recovery.

OP
OP
F

fugsy2011

[QUOTE 1367529"]
Assumption that the mother of fuck ups, didn't your mother teach you anything when you was growing up?

I'll trade your nugget for ****.:rolleyes:
[/quote]

You've managed to turn a post about some unfortunate cyclist round to yourself and dish out some abuse. Well done.

OP
OP
F

fugsy2011

you are assuming automatically that a car driver is the cause of the accident

I didn't say that. All I said was 'bloody cars'. Whether it was an accident created by the cyclist or a driver of a vehicle I can't say. All I know is a vehicle, in all likelihood a car as no other types of vehicle were at the scene, would have the force to bend and twist a bike like the one I saw and render a cyclist prostrate in the middle of an extremely busy roundabout.

I didn't think it was 'pedants unite' on this forum. Seems I'm wrong.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
it's not a case of pedantry at all.
Using the phrase Bloody Cars in your posts is showing that you think that a car is at fault, if you didn't meant that then it does look like it.
And as I pointed out, it's just not cars that are the fault of accidents.
There is far too much antagonizing going on between car drivers and cyclists without adding fuel to the fire with assumptions, as has been discussed elsewhere in the forums.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Using the phrase Bloody Cars in your posts is showing that you think that a car is at fault, if you didn't meant that then it does look like it.
There is far too much antagonizing going on between car drivers and cyclists without adding fuel to the fire with assumptions, as has been discussed elsewhere in the forums.

I have to agree.
This is also close to home which is never nice. Nothing in the Oxford Mail and that's usually quick to print misery.

OP
OP
F

fugsy2011

It is a very clear case of pedantry. You've hijacked a post about an accident north of Oxford to get a small point about the issues and tissues car drivers and cyclists have between themselves. My issue is between a car and a cyclist this evening. If you take it as an affront to drivers of cars then you either have a personal problem with this or you're worried that other people will rise up having been sorely offended. To be perfectly clear if I say 'bloody cars' it's because there is a clear discrepancy between them and cyclists that's only getting wider and if they come together at high speed there is only one real long term loser. In no way have I implied that someone was to blame. You have made that little jump.

BSRU

A Human Being
It is a very clear case of pedantry. You've hijacked a post about an accident north of Oxford to get a small point about the issues and tissues car drivers and cyclists have between themselves. My issue is between a car and a cyclist this evening. If you take it as an affront to drivers of cars then you either have a personal problem with this or you're worried that other people will rise up having been sorely offended. To be perfectly clear if I say 'bloody cars' it's because there is a clear discrepancy between them and cyclists that's only getting wider and if they come together at high speed there is only one real long term loser. In no way have I implied that someone was to blame. You have made that little jump.

It's the problem of writing something on a forum, the meaning may seem clear to the writer but a reader may not interpret it the same way. I have written things on here which seem OK to me but someone else has not liked merely because they have a different perspective on things.

Top Bottom