Cyclist fatality Bolton abbey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lyn1

Über Member
Alba Rosa will be holding a one minute silence at 0900 on Saturday ahead the reliability ride, the pace is going to be that of social in memory of Craig. Meet at Lawnswood arms.
I believe the Reliability is on Sunday. Very sad. Hopefully the remaining riders will make a full recovery. Little news locally about what happened. The procession round the Reliability Ride (RR), presumably at a pace that all riders can handle is a fitting gesture. I assume it will be with police involvement as the local rides attract anything up to 300 cyclists, with the probability of higher numbers given those wishing to pay their respects. 50 miles at a slow pace round rural areas with a group that size will cause considerable congestion, and no doubt some irate drivers.

Tommy2

Über Member
This is sad and really brings it home with it being the second serious accident so close this year.
Condolences to Craig's family.

A lad from work went riding on the Saturday with a young guy who was due to ride with Craig on the Sunday, but he fried his legs on the Saturday so didn't ride Sunday.

OP
OP
Leodis

Leodis

Veteran
I believe the Reliability is on Sunday. Very sad. Hopefully the remaining riders will make a full recovery. Little news locally about what happened. The procession round the Reliability Ride (RR), presumably at a pace that all riders can handle is a fitting gesture. I assume it will be with police involvement as the local rides attract anything up to 300 cyclists, with the probability of higher numbers given those wishing to pay their respects. 50 miles at a slow pace round rural areas with a group that size will cause considerable congestion, and no doubt some irate drivers.

Typing before thinking. Edited post to stop confusion.

The 200-300 riders will be broken down into groups to stop any issues on the roads, no police are involved as far as I am aware, I don't think they have even been in contact with the club in regards to last weekend.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
sh1t Sh1t and doubly sh1t.

Just heard about Craig. a former dear colleague, friend and a lunchtime running partner.

truly devastated for his wife Jill and his beautiful Young family. Cannot hold the tears back.

Mike_P

Guru
Very sad especially for the children. Have heard a description of the accident and its not good news if its correct regarding the party at fault.

OP
OP
Leodis

Leodis

Veteran
I'm not sure what happened. I thought two other rides were hit as well but I have not heard on their condition or if that was a separate incident.

At least he went doing something he enjoyed. It's better to arrive at the pearly gates backwards and with your hair on fire, than all grey and manky looking, with a tube up your nose. R.I.P. And condolences to the friends and family.

Tommy2

Über Member
Don't know if anyone has seen this.

http://www.gofundme.com/goodbyecraig

there's are certainly some very generous people out there.

This is nothing to do with me by the way, just posting it as I saw it and it's related to the thread.

Top Bottom