Cyclist fatality Widnes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very sad. Another accident involving a tipper lorry!

sabian92

Über Member
shoot, I ride in Widnes all the time.

RIP to the victim and thoughts with the family at this time.

ohnovino

Large Member
That's awful :sad:

I ride that way a lot - it's my route back from riding in Cheshire. I used to use that exact stretch of road but in the end I just felt too uncomfortable there, so now I turn off down Bennett's Lane and use the industrial estate instead. It's deeply shocking, and yet all too predictable.

Chris Young

Very sad. Another accident involving a tipper lorry!
Totally shocking news about the cyclist. However, it's a bit harsh to blame the tipper driver without having full knowledge of what happened. A friend of mine actually passed the other way in his tipper as the accident happened. The victim's family must be distraught, but so must the driver's, he's got to live with it too, spare a thought eh!

Totally shocking news about the cyclist. However, it's a bit harsh to blame the tipper driver without having full knowledge of what happened. A friend of mine actually passed the other way in his tipper as the accident happened. The victim's family must be distraught, but so must the driver's, he's got to live with it too, spare a thought eh!

Where in my one line post, do I blame the driver?

mumbo jumbo

Two fatalities in a week - shocking. Condolences to all touched by these tragedies. See Me Save Me may be able to help the family of the Widnes case.

David_widnes

Veteran
I was unlucky enough to pass this accident about 5 minutes after it happened on my way home. I cant think of a worse sight than a crumpled bike and a white sheet covering the poor guy that was riding it. I guess its a case of there by the grace of god go I. R.I.P.

billy1561

BB wrecker
Yes it's an awful thing to happen to anybody and their families. I have ridden that stretch a fair few times and you really cannot be too careful. Plenty of other areas in warrington also (where i live) that scare the crap out of me. Times like this you realise how mortal you are.
RIP

Top Bottom