Cyclist in her 80s knocked off bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Juliansou

I got knocked off last week. Fortunately no injuries. I got van reg number. Plod (bent, of course) said, quite bluntly, no camera- no crime.
Hope she gets a bit more help than that.

Good that she was taken to hospital with a head injury and there is no victim blaming comments about helmets!

And - if anyone knows her - hope she gets better - and back on her bike - soon!

Ajax Bay

Guru
Very good friend of my mother's, in her late 70s, crashed and died while riding. Easy to assume that another vehicle was involved (from the report in the paper) but in fact we discovered that she'd had a fatal haemorrhage while riding her bike.
The 'collision' word could imply that another moving vehicle was involved but the news report makes no mention thereof. Just saying.
I also, of course, hopes she recovers well and regains sufficient confidence to ride her bike again.

DRM

Guru
I got knocked off last week. Fortunately no injuries. I got van reg number. Plod (bent, of course) said, quite bluntly, no camera- no crime.
Hope she gets a bit more help than that.
Report the plod, that’s disgusting, if they’d turned their body cam off and you‘d battered them to a pulp would the same get out clause apply?, of course not.

Top Bottom