Cyclist killed: Glasgow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This Evening Times article has a few comments under it, all bar one has been moderated out of existence.
The one that has escaped moderation uses the phrase "cycle mafia" and lays the blame firmly on the victim. We're farting against thunder.

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
This Evening Times article has a few comments under it, all bar one has been moderated out of existence.
The one that has escaped moderation uses the phrase "cycle mafia" and lays the blame firmly on the victim. We're farting against thunder.

What's also depressing is the number of up votes that are still visible beside the deleted posts.
They deleted an earlier one which said the victim should have used the SCW (for non-Glasgow readers that's a segregated route under construction nearby).

I've reported this new one now and asked them to consider turning comments off given the vile responses it has attracted.

Slick

Guru
What's also depressing is the number of up votes that are still visible beside the deleted posts.
They deleted an earlier one which said the victim should have used the SCW (for non-Glasgow readers that's a segregated route under construction nearby).

I've reported this new one now and asked them to consider turning comments off given the vile responses it has attracted.
That's the only comment left visible. Disgusting.

Slick

Guru
Ironically, I'm too feart of riding at rush hour :sad:
I don't blame you but I thought it was to be a gathering, 2 minute silence to pay respects and dispersal?

I thought about going, wish I did now.

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Looks like it was a good turnout. Photo by @parcelorogues on Twitter.

image.jpeg

I don't blame you but I thought it was to be a gathering, 2 minute silence to pay respects and dispersal?

I thought about going, wish I did now.
Cycling is my only means of transport so I'd have had to have ridden there, but yes, I wish I'd gone too.
Looks like it was a good turnout. Photo by @parcelorogues on Twitter.

View attachment 467862
That is very good to see. Hopefully it will make the council actually do something about it rather than their usual hand-wringing and saying "we are committed to road safety" while doing nothing to address the underlying issues.

Top Bottom