Cyclist killed in Lancashire driver arrested and bailed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sabian92

Über Member
Baffles me that they bail people after killing somebody with a car.

If you stabbed somebody down the pub, would they bail you? Would they feck.

sidevalve

Über Member
As usual we do NOT know the full story nor do the police seemingly [appeal for witnesses]. Stabbing someone entails a measure of premeditation not what may be an accident and thus is irrelevant. I also notice the phrase "sounds like the dickhead was speeding" ie he's guilty so that's that. When justice begins to be based on opinions not not facts then we will all suffer.

Two pedal cyclists travelling along Runshaw Lane from Euxton were crossing the M6 motorway bridge when an Audi S3 travelling in the opposite direction failed to negotiate a left hand bend and collided with the rear of one of the bikes.

Sounds like the driver cornered and didn't expect anything coming the other way, like killer driver Dr Helen Measures.

lpretro1

I know this bend well as I live not far away and ride past there regularly - the only reason for not making it would be too much speed. End of story.

Crankarm

Guru
Two pedal cyclists travelling along Runshaw Lane from Euxton were crossing the M6 motorway bridge when an Audi S3 travelling in the opposite direction failed to negotiate a left hand bend and collided with the rear of one of the bikes.

Sounds like the driver cornered and didn't expect anything coming the other way, like killer driver Dr Helen Measures.

It was an Audi. Enough said.
RIP.

Crankarm

Guru
What a stupid thing to say. The make of the car is irrelevant. Someone has died RIP

No, it's NOT a stupid thing to say/write numptee. Those that drive Audis have to the biggest nobbers on the roads. Several Audis close passed riders on a 10 miles club TT last weekend. They are generally driven by selfish idiots ime. Do you own and or drive an Audi? And yes some one has sadly died. Did you not notice I wrote RIP?

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
No, it's NOT a stupid thing to say/write numptee. Those that drive Audis have to the biggest nobbers on the roads. Several Audis close passed riders on a 10 miles club TT last weekend. They are generally driven by selfish idiots ime. Do you own and or drive an Audi? And yes some one has sadly died. Did you not notice I wrote RIP?

Pathetic. Go and rant in C&D

I ride those roads when I am up working there, you do get some close passes unfortunately some of them at speed, possibly people 'enjoying' the road as its a bit windy.

RIP to the cyclist and condolences to his wife and family.

Crankarm

Guru
Wrong time, wrong thread, wrong forum. You have no evidence whatsoever for this nonsensical claim.

Strangely I do. It' s called my own experiences and of course there is the above sad case re-enforcing my experiences. Do you drive an Audi by any chance? :eek:

Top Bottom