Cyclist killed in Washington

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Nasty. Poor chap.

screenman

Legendary Member
Sad, it is so often with a bad one that it is at a slip road, so dangerous for cyclists with drivers not making full observation. This may of course not have been what happened in this incident.

jack smith

Veteran
Very dangerous road ive rode it once and is basically a motorway, there was a cycle lane than randomly dissapeared so i actually got off the bike and walked up the side embankment to find a smaller road its terrible. Poor bloke

G-Zero

Über Member
Very dangerous road ive rode it once and is basically a motorway, there was a cycle lane than randomly dissapeared so i actually got off the bike and walked up the side embankment to find a smaller road its terrible. Poor bloke

Apologies for the late reply, but I've only just come across this post.

You are correct about the A1231 being a dangerous road for cyclists, but on this occasion the cyclist was on the minor road passing underneath the dual carriageway and the bus was leaving the slip road, on to the minor road.

There roads aren't dangerous - they're benign pieces of tarmac.

It's the bell ends that use them that are dangerous.
Quite right, The only dangerous roads I've seen are ones that are crumbling away on cliff edges. Other than the odd sink-hole, roads have never hurt anyone in this country, only other road-users have.

G-Zero

Über Member
There roads aren't dangerous - they're benign pieces of tarmac.

It's the bell ends that use them that are dangerous.
Point taken, but as I'm sure you're already aware, it's a commonly used phrase to describe a particular area, including the road layout, suitability for use, etc etc.... And not forgetting to take in to account the bell ends that use them !

G-Zero

Über Member
It's a phrase we should be challenging whenever it is used in relation to the death of a cyclist.

Then take it up a level and challenge it whenever it is used in relation to the death of anyone on the road.

Changing the phrase isn't going to make the road any more or less dangerous though !

Top Bottom