Cyclist suffers serious head injuries in Cricklade Road collision with bus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Fingers crossed

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

I don't apportion blame without all the details but the reporting was a bit odd. Unless he was reversing his bike.

"The evidence at the moment suggests he has intended to turn right and as he negotiates the manouvre he has come into collision with a bus directly behind him.

sidevalve

Über Member
As above the reporting is poor and as usual inexact. However it is possible that he simply turned right without signal or glance back [assuming the bus driver wasn't an idiot] leaving himself at 90% to the traffic. As ever - no facts - no possible conclusions.

OP
OP
andyfraser

andyfraser

Über Member
As above the reporting is poor and as usual inexact. However it is possible that he simply turned right without signal or glance back [assuming the bus driver wasn't an idiot] leaving himself at 90% to the traffic. As ever - no facts - no possible conclusions.
There are no facts because the police haven't said anything yet. They're asking for witnesses. I'll update this thread when I hear more.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
But it does say "he has come into collision with a bus directly behind him". My only O level was in English language and I would have written. " A bus collided with the cyclist from behind", or is that pedantic? It does tend to infer the blame has been switched.

Any news on the cyclist?

e-rider

crappy member
sounds very bad, esp for an 80 year old - fingers crossed

Top Bottom