Cyclist takes advantage of changes in Highway Code.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
...to ride in the middle of the road when approaching junctions on quite roads but ends up A over T:
https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/cyclist-...hange-to-the-highway-code-gets-instant-karma/

IMG_20221222_185558.jpg

Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
just seeing the words 'instant karma' makes me not want to bother clicking that link.

mustang1

Guru
Hold on a sec, the cyclist was waving around the road? He was weaving around the road like an idiot more like.

And there karma wasn't instant, there was a crescendo leaving up to it. It reminds me of the movie Speed when the bad guy says "a bomb is meant to be (to explore)". Only in their case, "an idiot is meant to be (have a karma crash)".

figbat

Slippery scientist
I’d bet a decent amount that the cyclist had no thoughts of the Highway Code during this encounter, and likely isn’t even aware of any changes. Bad cycling and bad ‘journalism’.

a.twiddler

Veteran
"New changes to the Highway code"? Cyclists have always been allowed "to take the lane". That doesn't mean riding all over the road and annoying other road users. This rider seems to have had problems controlling his bike. Maybe he was drunk or on drugs. Just giving ammunition to the haters. That driver might have considered stopping to see if he was all right rather than just laughing and driving off if he was so concerned about Karma. Maybe he thinks Karma only applies to others.

No idea what he is trying to do at the end

Almost as if he is trying to go up the kerb but at an very shallow angle and at too high a speed - both guaranteed to either trash the wheel or through it off line and both will cause a crash
I was wondering if he is not able to control his bike - maybe a wheel is wobbling around

either that or he is just riding like and idiot or is drunk (or high on something)

I'm going with him being an idiot either way

a.twiddler

Veteran
He deserves it. Has no clue about the new highway code or etiquette. And does not know how to ride a bike.

Surely the whole point of the "Karma" title. What goes around, comes aound. Rather more rapidly than usual in this chap's case.Though I can't help feeling that from the motorist's point of view, he deserves it for just being one of those self righteous, self entitled, planet saving cyclist fellows rather than for just being a pillock himself. Like Jesus, he has suffered for all our sins. I doubt if anything like that passed through the rider's mind when he fell off. In fact I doubt if anything much was passing through his mind at all.

Top Bottom