Cyclist trapped under car walks away!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I saw this too. Poor guy, but he was lucky. Without wishing to prejudge it looks like another case of elderly motorist driving past his time.

asterix

Comrade Member
He says he has not fully considered the psychological impact of the crash but vows to be back on his bike within a month.

I like his spirit!

I saw this too. Poor guy, but he was lucky. Without wishing to prejudge it looks like another case of elderly motorist driving past his time.

SMIDSY? Maybe material for an extreme Specsavers advert there.

What a lucky guy ....not only to come away for this with only cuts and bruises

But have a paramedic, fire man, police man passing by helping out ....

Not knowing the full details ... but I Think think the driver should surrender his licence ... Or be taken off him...

Last edited:

Arch

Married to Night Train

He's a lucky guy.

But from that report I don't see how anyone can aportion blame. In fact, it says the cyclist had just pulled out of a junction, which made me wonder if he pulled out in front of the car...

There are a lot of old folk out there who shouldn't be driving, but there are a lot who are fine. There are a lot of young and middle aged people who shouldn't be driving either!

Kies

last year my neighbour was taken out by a wing mirror , this happened 3 feet in front of me. luckily he was ok, but it shook him (and me) up. the driver was an elderly man, who was very sorry and make full reparation to neighbours bike, BUT it could have been so much worse.
older drivers really do need regular testing in particular, but i would welcome mandatory testing for all drivers every 10 years

machew

Veteran
Just to drop a live grenade into this thread

Was he wearing a helmet?

Arch

Married to Night Train
last year my neighbour was taken out by a wing mirror , this happened 3 feet in front of me. luckily he was ok, but it shook him (and me) up. the driver was an elderly man, who was very sorry and make full reparation to neighbours bike, BUT it could have been so much worse.
older drivers really do need regular testing in particular, but i would welcome mandatory testing for all drivers every 10 years

Retesting for all, weed out the bad ones early on!

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Just to drop a live grenade into this thread

Was he wearing a helmet?
No, but he was wearing a lovely blue Chevorolet overcoat.

An overcoat that weights a ton I believe.

An overcoat like millions of others on OUR streets.

An overcoat being driven at a speed where the driver could not stop in time to prevent a collision with a vulnerable road user.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Not surprising really; a couple of years ago an elderly driver ran into the back of a big red bus. He said he didn't see it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Not surprising really; a couple of years ago an elderly driver ran into the back of a big red bus. He said he didn't see it.
@PaulB was knocked off his bike when riding out to meet me for a forum ride. The elderly driver not only did not see him, she didn't notice that she had hit him, and when forced to stop by a witness, she denied that it had happened despite the protestations of a battered Paul, the witness, and her worried husband in the passenger seat!

Her husband said that he had been telling her for some time that she was no longer a safe driver and swore that he would stop her driving after that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom