Cyclists down: A6093 near Pencaitland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Yet another utter scumbag has hit some cyclists on a club run and fecked off.

Riders say the driver, on a wide clear stretch of open road, deliberately pulled into the group hitting a couple of riders and causing a number of others to come down in the aftermath.

Not much detail on the offender's vehicle yet other than it was an MPV.
clubrun.jpg

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
omfg

Keith Oates

Janner
There seems to be quite a number of bikes in the photo so hopefully at least one of the riders will be able to give the Police some information about the vehicle,
Scumbag is far too good a name to give the driver.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
There seems to be quite a number of bikes in the photo so hopefully at least one of the riders will be able to give the Police some information about the vehicle,
Scumbag is far too good a name to give the driver.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah - I less often use a camera when riding in a group for various reasons, including that the camera is more likely to get someone's bum than an offending vehicle and there's enough of us that we should be able to piece together a description of it.

The one time so far (about 30 years) that someone's taken out a rider in a group I've been in, forcing them into the verge because they overtook into a blind bend with oncoming traffic, I think I can still remember the number plate of the Motor Parts Direct van (definitely WF51) but the camera trike didn't catch it and the crashed rider didn't take it any further - just got up, got back on the bike and completed the remaining 80 miles of the 100. Anyone who thinks people who cycle are whining too easily doesn't know how tough some cyclists are :smile: although that does make it slightly scary when you think how awful motoring standards must be now to generate such complaints :sad:

Jimidh

Veteran
I was riding yesterday with one of the lads involved in this incident and unfortunately no one had a camera nor did they get the registration as it happened so quickly.

He wasn't 100% sure it was deliberate but it was a terrible piece of driving and certainly they couldn't have missed the fact that they had hit someone.

Luckily no one was badly injured.

Top Bottom