Cyclists in the night

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Moderator
Location
Glasgow
There are not many cyclists in my area, on the outskirts of Glasgow, certainly not in the evening, after commuting hours.
Apart at weekends, I have never seen two riders out together.
Imagine my surprise when, this evening at about 9.30, I see a young couple, maybe early 20's, waiting at lights on their bikes, dual carriage way deserted, bitter cold wind blowing, street lights dimmed by power saving lamps.
They were not wearing cycling gear, but their bike lights were bright, their road position correct, primary for the turn.
Maybe it was my imagination, maybe the surreal night atmosphere, I felt they were looking at me with expectation.
I gave them a big smile and a wave, they waved back.
Hope you arrived to your destination safe, night cyclists, till next time :hello:
 
Nice seeing others out on their bikes, even better getting a friendly wave, bet they are keen cyclists though to acknowledge the wave.
 

Justiffa

Guru
Location
Malaysia
I guess its a rare occasion to see nite cyclists where u are bcos of the cold weather/season. here, where its mainly sun & rain, nites are when we do most of our cycling, usually after a stressful day at work on weekdays. long(er) rides in the daytime can only be done during weekends or public hols
 

tyred

Squire
Location
Ireland
Secret date would be my guess
lastofsummer-300x179.jpg
 

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Location
Rides Ti2
Nice one Pat..

I was expecting to read another 'bad cyclists all in black and no hi-viz' type thread....^_^
 

Col5632

Legendary Member
Location
Cowdenbeath
Wish i saw people cycling on my way back from the g/f's house at 1am :laugh: Saying that i'm lucky if i see any at any time of the day :hyper:
 

Col5632

Legendary Member
Location
Cowdenbeath
Why do you come back from your girlfriends house at 1am?? Surely you should be staying over^_^ (unless you need to get home before your wife gets suspicious!!)

Cause atm we don't live together and her dad doesnt want me staying and she only has a single bed but she stays at mine about 2-3 times a week, feel like a teenager again :laugh:
 
Top Bottom