Cyclists urged to slow in parks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
col said:
Our local council once used the fact that dog doo can cause blindness in youngsters and the elderly possibly,so i think thats enough reason for animal owners to clean up properly after them,or teach the pets to do it in their own garden,and to say kids are at risk from antibacterial agents instead of dog doo is really rather silly in comparison,.
Cab makes a good point,if people cant clean up properly after their pets in public places,they shouldnt have them.
:rolleyes:

Uh-oh, cols here!;)

We haven't had a good 'discussion' in a long while. Have you been avoiding me?:biggrin:

col

Legendary Member
That gel you use to clean your hands in hospital is used so you dont transfer something harmfull to anyone you have contact with,except c diff,or a certain strain of diorhea,you need soap and water for that,but using the gell on your hands doesnt in any way increase the bodies resistance to anything.Its just a way of helping to stop transfering something off your hands.

col

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
:rolleyes:

Uh-oh, cols here!;)

We haven't had a good 'discussion' in a long while. Have you been avoiding me?:biggrin:

Nooo iv been tied up with certain things;):biggrin:

col said:
Our local council once used the fact that dog doo can cause blindness in youngsters and the elderly possibly,so i think thats enough reason for animal owners to clean up properly after them,or teach the pets to do it in their own garden,and to say kids are at risk from antibacterial agents instead of dog doo is really rather silly in comparison,.
Cab makes a good point,if people cant clean up properly after their pets in public places,they shouldnt have them.

I totally agree Col. Define properly and quantify the risk and perhaps we'll actually come to some kind of useful conclusion - but I doubt it. ;)

col

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
Yeah I seem to have missed something. What's all this about you being alive. I assume this is a good thing?!?!:rolleyes:

Well the intent when it was said to me wasnt nice,but iv put it there to remind the person responsible how unpleasant it actually was to say,and maybe they cringe with embarrasment when they see it?;)

Cab

BentMikey said:
Carry on Cab, keep at it. You're just proving me more right.

What, if I argue my point I'm in error for doing so, if I don't then what, I'm bottling out of answering points asked of me presumably? Sheesh, just sometimes...

Cab

magnatom said:
It's this comment

A comprehensive analysis from the University of Oregon School of Public Health indicated that plain soaps are just as effective as consumer-grade anti-bacterial soaps with triclosan in preventing illness and removing bacteria from the hands.

that swings it for me.

That might have some weight in the discussion if anyone had suggested using triclosan (or, indeed, soap) to clean up dog muck ;)

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
magnatom said:
Yeah I seem to have missed something. What's all this about you being alive. I assume this is a good thing?!?!;)

I thought it was a quote from that song at the end of Portal.

col

Legendary Member
No col, love, it wasn't unpleasant. And I'm not in the slightest bit embarrassed. You were trying to claim that drivers could blame cyclists for the driver's own choices and actions. You also said that if a cyclist's actions, however appropriate or mild, led to a driver having a coronary then the cyclist would be responsible. So I apologised if my disagreeing with you had woudn you up sufficiently to resulted in your death.

It was an amusing retort to one of your absolutely ridiculous positions.

Leave your sig there as long as you like. It doesn't embarrass me and only makes you look a bit odd.

Of course it does deary:biggrin:
And apology accepted:girl:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Cab, it's not about winning or losing, but it's about not taking the debate to the point of flogging a dead donkey. It's just a very negative way to come across, you could bail out with dignity much earlier by simply stopping posting, if necessary suggesting to agree to disagree. There's no need to have the last word on every issue.

Perhaps something that I'm also guilty of...

Top Bottom