"Cyclists with headphones face fines"- Sunday Times in Ireland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
john burns ‏@JohnBurnsST 4m4 minutes ago
Sunday Times News; Cyclists who wear headphones could face on-the-spot fines,

Ambient noise for riders with ear phones is only 10% less than for those without because the wind noise is cancelled.

Number of cyclist fatalities with headphones directly implicated? Zero. What's going on?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Motorists wanting to make listening to music one of their few remaining advantages over cycling?

Katherine

Guru
What about the people wearing headphones with the volume turned up so they can't hear you when you ring your bell/speak to them?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I listen to my music from a speaker in the bar bag. I can hear it. I tried with headphones and earplugs but could not hear things around me and switched to a speaker.

Personally, i thought it was too dangerous with headphones and plugs. The speaker means I can listen to the Music and hear things going on around me. It certainly solved the problem for me.

classic33

Leg End Member
Old news, already covered here https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/1...es-to-be-covered-by-on-the-spot-fines.181982/
Been known about for the last five months.

classic33

Leg End Member
That's in Ireland.
First line of the article, from the Irish Sunday Times.
"CYCLISTS who wear headphones may face on-the-spot fines of €40 from gardai, under a system of fixed-penalty notices unveiled in the summer by Paschal Donohoe, the transport minister."
We have neither the Euro or An Garda Síochána in the UK, therefore it must be Ireland. As said its old news and covered elsewhere.

Top Bottom