Cyclists without lights....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
ComedyPilot said:
And she will carry on regardless till she learns a lesson. Whether she falls off after hitting something she couldn't see, gets hit by something that couldn't see her, or gets a nice little £30 fine for it, she will learn one day. Darwin award to her.

And she will claim to be blameless.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Catrike UK said:
And she will claim to be blameless.

Kaipaith said:
And then she'll start driving because cycling's too dangerous.

And therein lies the fundamental problem with today's society. Lots of people wanting to do as they please with little or no acceptance of the responsibility for their actions.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
ComedyPilot said:
And therein lies the fundamental problem with today's society. Lots of people wanting to do as they please with little or no acceptance of the responsibility for their actions.
Way to blow the scope of the argument Com! Are you my wife?

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Not unless she is a bloke that has just been to the university of life and has (a little) common sense. No point prolonging the argument, going over the same ground. Cut to the chase and get it over with.

A little off topic, three kids on bikes with no lights decided they wanted to cross the road in front of my mum's car just half an hour ago. Two of them decided not too and came to a quick stop but one eejit decided not too. I'm glad my mum wasn't going fast, a speeding driver could never had stopped in time, because I think I spotted the two that stopped before I saw the other eejit.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's not quite yet totally dark on my commute, but certainly see many many folk on bikes with just a little flasher on the front....nothing else...eek !

hackbike 6

I would settle for that and any kind of hi-viz than that comedian I nearly collided with the other week,I was going fast and he was almost invisible till the last moment.Certainly tested my reflexes out.

ComedyPilot said:
"I know my rights". Uh-huh, now let's talk about your responsibilties. It's funny, not many want to know about that second bit. You've hit one of my personal high horses there!!

Wolf04

Recently prior to the clocks going back it's been dark during my morning commute and most cyclists I see have lights on even if one had red on the front? Tonight coming home in the dark the count was one with lights and seventeen with no lighting at all, mad!

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
On the way in the other day came across a guy on a side street that I could only see by his fag end; couple of days ago I was stood in the street afte dark talking to a neighbour when a guy came by cycling the wrong way (one way street), without lights.

Fab Foodie said:
Good News...

In Oxfordshire the Police are stopping and fining cyclists without lights. £30. Short Blitz, but it all helps.

Sure I read on C+ forum a wile back that a police force was issuing a choice to cyclists without lights: turn up at the police station the next day with working lights fitted or pay a £50 fine – always thought that sounded like a pretty positive initiative

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
TwickenhamCyclist said:
Sure I read on C+ forum a wile back that a police force was issuing a choice to cyclists without lights: turn up at the police station the next day with working lights fitted or pay a £50 fine – always thought that sounded like a pretty positive initiative

Now that really is a good idea

Top Bottom