Cyclo Cross Choice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gutbucket

Hi All...I am new to Cyclechat & have a question...Have oped to go for a cyclo cross machine with my £1000 cycle to work voucher. Any views on best buy...Genesis, Scott, Ridley etc etc?:wacko:

wafflycat

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Can you use your voucher at any shop or on-line vendor? Are you planning to use it just for cyclo-cross or commuting or touring as well? A lot of cyclo-cross frames have eyelets for a rack and mudguards, so that is something to consider. I saw an Planet X Uncle John bike yesterday. That looks pretty good. A Kona Jake the Snake's another option. The Specialized Tricross gets good magazine reviews.

OP
OP
G

gutbucket

the voucher can i think be used anywhere. had a chat with local bike store today - moore bros - who speak v well of genesis croix de fre? I understand this is a steel frame which may or may not be wise?

GrasB

Veteran
Having ridden a Tricross & a Croix De Fer the latter takes the Specialized to the cleaners. If you're looking at that sort of bike a Tricross is no way bad, it's just the Genesis offering just feels so much nicer. In the end though the hydraulic discs of the Boardman Hybrid Pro Ltd took my money.. now when are hydraulic STIs coming out? :blush:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Wise!

The Croix de Fer is the one I'd go for.

I'd have thought a friendly mod :blush: would've popped this in the right section by now where you might get more response.

Welcome to the forum BTW!

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
gutbucket said:
Hi All...I am new to Cyclechat & have a question...Have oped to go for a cyclo cross machine with my £1000 cycle to work voucher. Any views on best buy...Genesis, Scott, Ridley etc etc?:biggrin:

Any one of those three, take them out for a test ride and buy the one you like best, you can't go wrong with those... :biggrin:

Norm

Which shop are you using, gutbucket? I was over towards Staines (well, Egham) on my Tricross earlier today.

Top Bottom