1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyclo-cross

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by palinurus, 28 Jun 2008.

1. palinurus

palinurus Guru

Damn! there's a cyclo-cross league in my region now, and some of the events are pretty close.

I'm 40. the only racing I've ever done are a few TTs in the last couple years. My bike handling is frankly shoot, it's surprising I haven't fallen off at the turn yet (I have managed to weave into the verge on starting however).

A 'cross bike would have multiple uses and is clearly quite justifiable.

Anyone do it? I reckon I'm too slow and crap for road racing, cross might be a way to try something a bit more exciting than a time trial.

2. RedBike

RedBike New Member

Your bike handling skill will soon improve doing cx races.

I would suggest you try and borrow a MTB for your first race. Generally MTBs are slightly slower but the handelings a lot tamer.

Strictly speaking MTBs aren't actually allowed to compete; however, they're commonly used at club events.

3. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Do it!

It's great fun, you'll find yourself having a race within each race, and you're a vet now so you shouldn't come last.

However, it is bloody hard work!