Cyclo-cross

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by palinurus, 28 Jun 2008.

1. palinurus

palinurus Guru

Damn! there's a cyclo-cross league in my region now, and some of the events are pretty close.

I'm 40. the only racing I've ever done are a few TTs in the last couple years. My bike handling is frankly shoot, it's surprising I haven't fallen off at the turn yet (I have managed to weave into the verge on starting however).

A 'cross bike would have multiple uses and is clearly quite justifiable.

Anyone do it? I reckon I'm too slow and crap for road racing, cross might be a way to try something a bit more exciting than a time trial.

2. RedBike

RedBike New Member

Your bike handling skill will soon improve doing cx races.

I would suggest you try and borrow a MTB for your first race. Generally MTBs are slightly slower but the handelings a lot tamer.

Strictly speaking MTBs aren't actually allowed to compete; however, they're commonly used at club events.

3. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Do it!

It's great fun, you'll find yourself having a race within each race, and you're a vet now so you shouldn't come last.

However, it is bloody hard work!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice