Cyclogs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Anyone else here use Cyclogs for keeping track of rides? www.cyclogs.co.uk I started last year, and it's pretty groove-tastic...much more fun that doing your own spreadsheet. With my pathetic 1 ride so far in Jan, I'm #140 in the charts. Yorkshiregoth, I notice (there can't be 2, surely?:blush:) is doing very well at #1, with Windy Rob at #120 and Keith Oates at 125. Chuffy is just below me at 141...
The statistics page doesn't work, and the fella has just introduced a banner ad (wiggle) for the first time, but it's a great site. Some other names (at a quick glance) ring bells too....mebbes one or two of the lost bods from C+?

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
Yes, it's me, although my highest monthly ranking is only number 3. :blush:

longers

Legendary Member
I got pointed in this direction in December. I've noticed how far YorkshireGoth cycles - a bloody long way, and he's not on his own out there, there's a good few doing some huge distances.

Redfox has a program also but I found Cyclogs more suited to my needs (sorry Redfox - my brain not your program at fault).

Keith Oates

Janner
I use it a lot and have done now for a few years and I find it very good and interesting. This month though I've moved countries and jobs so have only done 4 rides so far, will need to give it a good bash for the rest of the year (I hope)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
#94 at the moment, I think.

It's handy for keeping a track of mileage, and how things are going in terms of the speed of the commute etc. I tend to stick a little note in most of my rides with weather, traffic conditions etc.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
I still use it, though with my recent feeble mileage find it a bit depressing. It can be a real motivation to get out and ride if you're trying to beat someone's monthly total, or you want to be one place higher than the month before. I've been known to come back from a ride and then go out and ride an extra 0.2 miles on the last day of the month just to overtake someone I've been chasing in the ranking :blush:

First used it in 2006 and it was a great motivational aid, chasing people down and hitting targets. Last year was more depressing because I could see how little I was doing. This year I've barely logged (although I do have a weeks worth of commutes to log) but hopefully that will improve with my impending change of job and better commute.

The big boys scare me, quite frankly. Anyone who knocks out nearly 20000 miles in a year must be some kind of hybrid thing with thighs like an ostrich.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
yorkshiregoth said:
Yes, it's me, although my highest monthly ranking is only number 3. :blush:
well you're top at the mo, Mr Goth!

longers

Legendary Member
Baggy said:
I've been known to come back from a ride and then go out and ride an extra 0.2 miles on the last day of the month just to overtake someone I've been chasing in the ranking :blush:

I was trying to beat Keith last month! Not sure he knew much about it though :blush:.

It is good motivation for me at the moment, not sure how long that will last but if it gets me through winter with some miles in my legs then that's good enough for me.

hambones

Nice site - just joined and in at 51. Trouble is my average speed was brought right down by competing in a 4 hour enduro at Thetford!!!! Four hours and 15 minutes with an average HR of 161 (83%) and yes my legs still hurt!

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
When I first joined I noticed that my average speed was something like 2000mph. I had forgotten a decimal point somewhere and had to go back and edit the numbers :blush:

redfox

longers said:
Redfox has a program also but I found Cyclogs more suited to my needs (sorry Redfox - my brain not your program at fault).

I shall do my best to conceal the bitter disappointment! I used to use cyclogs a lot too until I decided an off-line jobby would suit me more.

Top Bottom