England : Northumberland Cyclone this Saturday!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice writeup Sandwich monster, I do agree with the slightly disinterested air of some of the staff at the rugby ground. I put it down to their youth, they all looked like students to me and I assume it was a bit early in the day for them ^_^.
I logged onto the Cyclone website this afternoon and the results are up. I was looking at the 104 times and thought the winner's times looked slightly... unusual. He checked in at the first checkpoint 15 mins behind the second placed rider, at Elsdon he was 45 minutes behind. There was no time logged for either Wark or Stamfordham but he finished 30 seconds ahead of the second placed rider. He must have been going like a train to make up that much time?

I was looking at that too Carol. He has two intermediate times missing (3rd & 4th). Comparing his first two times with other riders it would suggest an overall time of around 7 hours.

carolonabike

Hmm, I know it's not a race but if I were Iain Beveridge I think I'd be a bit miffed at being pipped into second place.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Shenanigans, eh? I know a short-cut between Ryal and Stamfordham which cuts out Matfen. When I passed it, I wondered if there was a spotter down there, taking down the numbers of any cheats!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I've often wondered about that short cut too Hip Priest... it'd be a lonely old job being a spotter down there for the day though! They could have a timing place in Matfen, but then it has to meet up with the other rides at Stamfordham.
Also, as a spooky treat for visitors, I've always thought it'd be great for ride C to go up to the Gibbet after Elsdon. It's fabulously atmospheric when the sky is dark and gloomy. It'd make for a convoluted route though.

TheSandwichMonster

Junior Senior
The missing time issue could be resolved by using a decent timing system. Definitely not a fan of the system where you have to manually swipe in. Surely anyone that is missing not one, but TWO intermediate times should have their times listed on a separate "cheater" page? ;)

Top Bottom