Cyclox

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
http://www.oxfordtimes.co.uk/news/yourtown/oxford/9003184.Cyclists_hit_out_at_new_bill/

Found it interesting. I don't know enough about Cyclox or their head campaigner... I think the argument could have been better worded against the Bill, but he and Cyclox appear to have come in for a bit of a slagging, even from so-called cyclists. :huh:

The last couple of comments by some commenter called Hugh Jaeger seems to have a real bee in his bonnet (I even told him this). He seems to think that 1-3 deaths a year is an epidemic, got Presumed Liability wrong, and has this thing about motorcyclists being more vulnerable. In some situations they are ..motorways and faster roads, but in the majority of places where you find normal pedal cyclists theres an equal vulnerability imo)

My points about it not being a "pedal bigot" and more that people really do want to ride in safety seems to have been missed on this guy. Get the feeling he's avoiding what I feel are salient points - especially about Manslaughter.

If they bring in the law, they bring it in. I dont think it will make the slightest difference unless you get frontline coppers out there to ACTUALLY catch the bleeders.

Top Bottom