cynical capitalist opportunism

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

Just heard a bleedin' ice cream wagon.

Sometimes I think these people actually want the world to go up in smoke. I really do.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Ice cream = global Armageddon, end of environment as we know it etc?;)

longers

Legendary Member
We get an ice cream van round here most days, probably 360 days a year.

He sells tabs and there are a good many tales of ice cream vans selling *assorted others*. A friend from Belfast said you could score from his ice cream van.

Was it Glasgow where they had the "ice cream wars" in the 70's? Much GBH and ABH to be had over their pitches no?

I saw an excellent play at the Royal Exchange in Manchester about an imaginary local ice cream dynasty.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

A sad and inconvenient truth is that when they start clamping down on gas guzzling vehicles, ice cream vans will disappear.

andygates

Oh, sunny day, I could just go for a Mivvi...

No need to disappear. Stick some solar panels on the top to run the electrics.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The ice cream man comes round here all weather, even when freezing out, and usually arrives as my kids are going to bed.... yep - 7.30pm to 8.00pm .....barsteward.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

TheDoctor said:
Ice cream = global Armageddon, end of environment as we know it etc?:smile:

I don't see why when it gets hot, i.e. when global warming is at its strongest, hoardes of CO2 emitting ice cream wagons taking to the streets wouldn't cause some sort of tipping point.

abchandler

Abitrary said:
when global warming is at its strongest

I'd always assumed global warming was a trend, rather than having settings. Surely global warming can't be in effect during the winter, because summer days are hotter by that reasoning

Top Bottom