Daffodils

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Lovely Wife and I were heading to our local-ish pub yesterday and for some reason our conversation turned to Daffodils. More specifically: how do the many clumps that we see here and there at the sides of our local lanes actually get there?

There's probably a simple answer I guess.

Slick

Guru
There is.

They are just like any other wild flower and reproduce with either seeds or bulbs. It's the birds and the bees.

Spring has sprung.

Here too. Blossom on the trees is appearing fast as well, which is very pretty, but I always reckon spring bulbs are a bit magical.

I love daffs; they're very seasonal, and when they're in season they're cheap as chips and even more cheerful. And chips make me pretty happy. My niece was up visiting at the weekend with her partner and they bought me a lovely bunch of daffs as a thank you present which have now all opened up and are bringing a bit of sunshine into the Den.

Levo-Lon

Guru
i hate the smell of them,there banned in my house.
fabulous in a garden tho.

ive just planted 100s of bulbs at work in the new beds ive made.
couple of mths and it should be looking great

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Councils do plant them.
I know someone who plants them on council land unbidden.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Councils do plant them.

The definitive answer. Also local ‘Bloom Village’ volunteers put a lot into banks, greens etc. And of course natural propagation means the clumps get bigger.

In my local village I am petitioning for an outright cull on these pesky village guerillas making the place all happy and smily. At the very least, vaccinate against all the pent up happiness they have been harbouring all winter.

i hate the smell of them,there banned in my house.
fabulous in a garden tho.

ive just planted 100s of bulbs at work in the new beds ive made.
couple of mths and it should be looking great
I try to avoid deliberately poking my nose into daffodils wherever possible, you never know if there’s something nasty in there, waiting to bite you.

Top Bottom