Daft mistake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

asterix

Comrade Member
May I just say that the way to judge which lane to take is best done by first looking at the roundabout sign.

If on the roundabout, your exit is shown as beyond the 12 o'clock position then the default lane is the outer one. Otherwise, it will be the inner. (assuming 2 lanes only)

White painted lane markings override this and should be obeyed, they are not advisory!

When I took my motorbike test a few years ago this was a point the instructor and examiner took very seriously.

There are three different types of direction arrow that are painted on the road surface. Those that consist simply of an arrow with one or two heads, those that consist of an arrow with destination or route information (car park, north, ring road etc.), and those that consist of an arrow with a command (turn left, turn right or ahead only). The first two types provide guidance to drivers as to the appropriate lane to be used. The third type may only be used where they indicate the effect of a statutory prohibition. These markings are used to reinforce a green arrow traffic signal or a regulatory turn sign. It is compulsory to obey this form of arrow.

Top Bottom