DAHON RECALL !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry if there are bits in here that you do not need to know I have tried to cut out all the C**P

Dahon will be conducting a voluntary recall for handlebar posts fitted to some 2008 model year bikes. I have
listed below an outline of the models affected and an initial timeline.

Issue-
A combination of inaccurate machining and inconsistent quality of material can cause the radius
handlebar post to crack and break, posing a fall hazard to the consumer ( 2008 models only)

Solution-
Dahon will be supplying new handlebar posts for all stock sold and any additional requirements
you may have.

Action-
at this point please withdraw any 2008 model bikes that are subject to this recall from sale! And
await your recall dealer pack, this will be despatched on Tuesday 14th April 1st class

Solved by-
Replacement handlebar posts will be sent to you automatically based on purchase figures,
surplus replacement parts will also be available for any additional requirements.

Models affected

Model no Model name
FA083 Jetstream P8
KC044D Speed TR
KC072 Speed D7

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
Didn't they also have a recall last year for dodgy seatposts??

ChrisKH

Guru
spandex said:
They did and there fix IMO was worse I have had to take out ALL of the pumps from the seat tubes from the Dahons and the Dawes folders as they are still dropping out!:tongue:

I have a 2007 Dahon Cadenza - is this one of the bikes affected for seatpost problems? It does have an integral seatpost pump; although I have left it for emergency use only.

dodgy

Thanks for the heads up, my narrow boat owning neighbour has a 2008 Dahon that he only bought about 3 weeks ago and it looks his is affected.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
The post on my 2007 Cadenza snapped a few weeks ago, is this what the recall is for, as it says something about the strength of a bolt ?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Didnt they have this problem before? I know when i first got into cycling, i read about the handlebars just snapping off.
It was a few years ago?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
spandex said:
Not that I know of joe

I dunno, i thought there was, but im not sure if there was a recall. I read on a Dahon forum and there were a few people with the same bike having the handlebars come off.
One had it as he was riding along aswell in traffic:eek:

Ok update I have just got this email if any of you need me to post up the Frame numbers I will.

PRODUCT RECALL-IMPORTANT PLEASE READ
Dahon handlebar Recall post 2008 Fitted to- Jetstream P8/Speed Tr/Speed D7
April 16th 2009.
Dear Dahon Customer
Dahon are currently conducting a voluntary recall for handlebar posts fitted to certain numbers of selected 2008
model year bikes. Listed below is an outline of the models affected.

Models affected
Speed TR Speed D7 Jetstream P8
2008 model 2008 model 2008 model

Issue- A combination of inaccurate machining and inconsistent quality of material can cause the radius handlebar
post to crack and break, posing a fall hazard (2008 models only)
Solution- Dahon will be supplying new handlebar posts for all affected bikes via your point of purchase.
Action- at this point please refrain from using your Dahon, your dealer has a full list of frame numbers which are
affected by the recall or alternatively you can check yourself at www.dahon.com/recall/ this web page will be going
live late next week (week 17-commencing 20th April).
If your frame number is not listed your bike is therefore not affected and can continue to be ridden safely.
What next? - Once identified as an affected bike please contact your point of purchase to arrange the ordering and
fitment of a replacement part. Replacement parts will start to arrive into the U.K via air shipment within the next few
weeks. These will be limited numbers at first due to manufacturing and delivery time restraints. However we will
have larger numbers of replacement parts available as soon as possible. We will have stock to replace ALL affected
posts.
I would also like to stress the dates involved are 2008 bikes only! No 2009 current Models are affected by this
recall.
Dahon would like to take this opportunity to apologize in advance for any inconvenience caused by this recall. We
will endeavour to carry out this recall in a timely manner.
If you have any questions relating to this recall, please in the first instance contact your point of purchase.

Top Bottom