Dales Flooding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Daughter & family is currently camping in Kielder Forrest hoping they are okay

D

Deleted member 26715

That's about 100 miles away so they ought to be.
That's what I'm hoping but the Met office has issued a Severe Weather Warning for North England & South West Scotland, 40-60mm in 2 hours this afternoon

tom73

Guru
It's not good reports says everyone is safe but more rain is due today it's going to take sometime to get cleaned up.
Even the fire station was not safe yesterday it too needed pumping out. Part of the settle to Carlisle railway not looking too good either.
Be some rethinking this morning for YTY with road championships weeks away. Part of the route inc that bridge are no more.

Jody

Stubborn git
Pictures of the Ard Rock site just appeared on my feed. Lucky it wasn't a couple of days later or this could have been a different story.
ard.JPG

Our main fire station was moved from the city centre to the outskirts, just next to a river and artificial broad. I put the address into the government's flood risk finder and was informed that:

NORFOLK FIRE SERVICE
FIRE STATION
BRACONDALE
NORWICH
NR1 2EE

This location is in or near a flood risk area
Be prepared: things you should do

Rezillo

TwoSheds

tom73

Guru
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-49164275

It's one big mess for sure this is when emergency planning earns it's money and the endless meetings i've sat in prove worth it.
If everyone pulls together it will get better remember to spare a thought for some of the responders in times like this who are volunteers.
Trying to do the best they can with what they have by no means amateurs. But trained members of the community just wanting to put something back.

Top Bottom