Dame Vera Lynn

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
A true national treasure, Jeremy Vine played out radio 2 with We'll meet again, but the version he used was dreadful with an organist playing the music, rather than the normal band accompaniment

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
The passing of an era.
She bolstered my parents generation during the war and I used to enjoy her TV show when I was a kid.
Little known fact. Vera owned a house in Hollywood.*

*That's Hollywood just south of Birmingham. It was on the main Alcester Road on the left going out of town.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Watched a special on tv last night. It was very moving. Some of the old soldiers that went through the hell of Burma were in tears as they recalled how she built thier morale up.

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
Yes Dame Vera Lynn did live here in Ditchling.
RIP to a much loved singer and person.

Dame Vera was indeed a truly nice person, speaking in my capacity as former-young-child-getting-patted-on-the-head-by-kind-lady....which always made my day.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I hear she's getting a State funeral. Don't know where, don't know when. Some sunny day probably.

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
Little known fact. Vera owned a house in Hollywood.*

*That's Hollywood just south of Birmingham. It was on the main Alcester Road on the left going out of town.

And some time before moving to Ditchling, she lived at the rather pleasant, if somewhat shaded, Clayton Holt at the foot of the South Downs below Clayton Windmills. Tried running it as a smallholding I believe.

Top Bottom