Damn, damn and double damn.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
blimey

my 1100 has been with me for years and years and years, through three bikes, I have it on the seatpost and it's rock solid, mind you, I only remove it for battery changes

those ever so popular smart flash ones always fly off eventually in my experience

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Yep,i have lost one to the joys of rubbish bracket but i bought another because they are brilliant only to get slammed in to the road during my hit and run and get that trashed after only 10 minutes on the bike.....is that a record ????

OP
OP
garrilla

garrilla

I don't feel so lonely now.

I had my 100 for an age too. Only thing is I took it off the bracket a few weeks ago, fitted a belt clip and had it on the loop of a saddle bag.

I had been meaning to secure it more tightly, but yo know how these things go.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of the light and I'll sucker myself in for another I think.

Windward

At least I know what light not to get now! (except that you all like it otherwise so... oh, this hasn't helped at all!)

Strange that the bracket is so cack though, I have the weenie front and back lights from cateye with the cable tie style bracket and they are really really solid - survived dirt trails on the Brecon Beacons sort of solid! - wonder why this is so much worse? Is it a quick release sort of thing?

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I suppose what you could do is secure it with the beltclip as Garrilla said, but before fitting it to the bag or the clip I would squeeze in some silicon rubber glue to the clip and then fix it in. Might make it more secure. :sad:

Then just have a cheap BS standard permantly secured to the bike (cable ties or glued into the bracket)

EDIT: actually now I think on - I really like those Knog lights and how they fit. Tempted to migrate over to their products (though none of the shops around here seem to be able to get any)

Top Bottom