Damn, I need another job!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
That looks good, Van Nick. Trouble is I am useless at stuff like that. I haven't a clue where to start. It is a bit like trying to learn a language, I haven't managed anymore then a 'my name is...' in French but I can see a piece of jewellery in a scrap of wood and I can understand why the Higgs Boson is such an important thing for the large hadron collider to find.

Likewise I can saw between two lines 1/2mm apart but I can't download music to my phone. I need someone to show me like I was a 5 year old.

MarkF

Guru
Night Train said:
I have a limited company but I am a crafts man not a business man. My furniture is generally too expensive unless I go to exhibitions and wow the rich and famous. I can't afford the time to make lots of exhibition pieces. My work shop is also the front room of my house and though it is well equiped I can only use it when the neighbours are out at work. However, I can do the day to day traditional carpenters jobs that are usually too small for most established companies and that does satisfy my need to make.

If you have work and need it doing I can give you a decent quote. Perhaps I should get some more cards and leaflets made and get them circulated locally.

Ok, if you can make it but can't "sell" it, get a partner. I work for myself, I can't make what my Ltd company does but I am good at selling it:smile:

Websites, I use an economical company that does optimistaion on a pay on results basis, one of the few who do charge like that, if you want his details let me know.

There is always a demand for basic joinery work, floors, shelving, doors etc etc, it might not fire you with enthusiasm but it brings in steady money so you don't have to look for another 9-5 job.

Yes, cards and leaflet cost peanuts and are productive, go for it!

Pm me your address and we'll see if it's viable for you to quote me.

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
MarkF said:
Ok, if you can make it but can't "sell" it, get a partner. I work for myself, I can't make what my Ltd company does but I am good at selling it:smile:
That is what I need, someone who can get clients and sales.

Thanks, I've pm'ed you.

Top Bottom